On Friday 8th May, we shall host our
VE DAY Celebrations on our
facebook page @banburytowncouncilevents
Around the country many towns and cities will be adapting planned VE Day events:
If participating in the 'Stay at Home Street Party' please ensure you adhere to social distancing rules:-
* Only those in your household to participate within your boundary, whether it be your garden, driveway or balcony.
* If your neighbours are joining in, ensure the 2m distance applies. Ideally everyone will be in their own gardens, adjacent or opposite. Please do not wander between each other.
* Please don't travel to communal areas to do this.
The Stay at Home Street Party can be made up of what best works for you:
* Decorate your garden or just your windows with red, white & blue.
* If space is tight, perhaps your balcony or a tea-party/singalong indoors for the children, or even adults!
* As part of home-schooling perhaps honour VE Day with a history lesson.
* Involve the children with posters, flags, bunting & hats. Cake making perhaps?
* Play some 1940's music, but please be respectful to your neighbours!
* Consider some children's activities to keep them occupied, perhaps hold a quiz?
* Hold your event online via House Party, Zoom or similar.